Preparing For Your Mini Session
Tips For a Successful Mini Session
1. Wear complimentary colors and weather appropriate outfits with no large logos and nothing too trendy that will quickly date your photos. However, these rules can happily be broken if you want to document your crazy Christmas sweaters, your support for your favorite sports team, or a Halloween costume. Above all, your wardrobe should be a reflection of YOU.
2. Our overall goal is to create an image that reflects your personality and style while also capturing the group as a whole. Try to make sure there is not one person who sticks out more than the others.
3. If you do want your family to be coordinated, just remember that coordinated doesn't have to mean matching. Wearing complementary shades of the same color is better than trying to find exactly matching shades. This gives more depth to the image.
4. If you have more than three people in your family, lay the outfits out next to each other to make sure they don't clash. Feel free to send me a picture if you need additional input. You may also want to bring an extra outfit, especially for the kiddos in case there is a spill or accident.
5. Most importantly, make sure you choose an outfit that makes you feel comfortable and confident!
For Families With Small Children
If you family has a favorite book, toy, or board game, feel free to bring it to our session! Anything that is familiar and exciting to children will draw out their natural enthusiasm and create authentic moments to capture.
You know your family best, so make sure you do all you can to ensure a successful session. Plan your outfits ahead of time, get plenty of rest, and make sure you are all well fed.
Mini Sessions are run on a very tight schedule. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled session time. This will give your kid(s) a few minutes to explore their surrounding and become comfortable before the session.
Every time you look at these pictures, you will see more than the image itself - you will remember how you felt when it was taken. I don't want you to be reminded of how stressed or overwhelmed you were leading up to or during the session. I want these photographs to remind you of a unique and enjoyable experience with people you love. Above all else, I hope that you can RELAX and ENJOY your session. Just be yourself and have fun with those who are most important to you, and trust me with the rest! The pure moments between your family will be the ones you treasure most.